Game in Action
At this point, it has been discussed a lot whether the 243 ways to win or x amount of paylines work better. I personally prefer the 243 ways to win, since it just seems to fit me much more well, but this might be different for others. This was the first thing that I spotted about Thunderstruck II and a major reason why I like the game so much. But the problem is that Microgaming once again features an amazing game that still seems to rely rather heavily on getting some bonuses.
On the other hand, the winnings you gain from bonuses like The Great Hall of Spins are just enormous that they are often worth the wait. These are all the things that have to be criticized about Thunderstruck II. Otherwise the game looks amazing, is fun to play, and the new Wildstorm feature is a great addition.
Thunderstruck II offers three bonuses:
- Wild symbols are the most common bonus among modern slots. It is a symbol which can be found in every reel, and it can potentially substitute for any symbol in the game, except for Bonus symbol. In Thunderstruck II, every winning combination that includes a Wild symbol will double the win.
- Wildstorm feature is a randomly triggered bonus, which turns whole reels into Wild symbols. There is also a marginal chance that all reels will turn into Wild symbols, but this happens very rarely.
- The Great Hall of Spins can be activated by getting three or more Bonus symbols during one spin. This bonus is something that can be seen in other Microgaming’s games as well, and it has been very popular among players. When you get to the Great Hall of Spins, you can choose from four different options:
- The Valkyris Free Spin Bonus offers the player 15 free spins with a 5x Multiplier.
- The Loki Free Spin Bonus offers the player 15 free spins with random symbols turned into Wild symbols.
- The Odin Free Spin Bonus offers the player 20 free spins, where Odin’s ravens will land randomly on the reels, giving either a 2x or 3x multiplier, or in some cases a 6x multiplier if both ravens land.
- The Thor Free Spin Bonus offers the player 25 free spins, where the Avalanche feature is activated. It means that every time you win something during the free spin, the winning symbols will disappear and new symbols will be rolled. These “re-rolls” don’t drain your free spins, and for every win that the Avalanche feature triggers, you will get a bigger multiplier.
Other Slot Machines You Might Enjoy
When taking everything in consideration, Thunderstruck II is a good game. It does have its flaws, and some people might not prefer this game over other slots that Microgaming have released. The good things still seem to overrule the bad ones, and the theme is pretty damn good, the bonuses features something new, and the wins can get quite big!